We want to help you find the easiest way to get to Custer, WI, and the best place to stay once you arrive. We’ve included both green ways of traveling to the Fair and Travel Green stay locations in the nearby area. We even have kennel information for your pets!
Travel & Accommodations
7558 Deer Road
Custer, WI 54423
Dates and Hours
Friday, June 26 – 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 27 – 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 28 – 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Energy Fair is held in Custer, Wisconsin – about seven miles East of Stevens Point. Nestled in the heart of central Wisconsin, Custer is surrounded by rolling hills, lakes, trout streams, and beautiful woodlands. Custer has been the home of the Fair since 2002.
Back 40 Campground
During the week of The Energy Fair, both tent and RV campsites are available at our rustic Back 40 Campground. Sites are located just one mile from the Front Gate.
Site sales open 4/1/20 and remain open until sold out.
- Tent, walk-in: $20/night
- Tent with car: $22/night
- RV: $25/night
Feel free leave your vehicle parked at the campground while you walk, ride your bike, or take our complimentary shuttle to the fairgrounds. A solar-powered shower trailer and porta-potties are available for your use. (Please note, there are no electrical hook-ups available.)
Locally-made baked goods and fresh fair trade, organic coffee are available for purchase on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 5:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.LEARN MORE/VIEW BACK 40 FLYER
Days Inn & Suites
A group block code for the Days Inn & Suites in Stevens Point, WI will be available until May 26, 2020. Please go to the Days Inn & Suites website, or call the hotel directly at 715-254-8685, to make a reservation, using group block code CGMREA. Attendees are responsible for payment of any and all charges they incur during their hotel stay. A shuttle from the Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center to The Energy Fair will be available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Please see the shuttle schedule for more details.MAKE A RESERVATION
Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center
A group block code for the Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center in Stevens Point, WI will be available until May 22, 2019. Please go to the Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center website, or call the hotel directly at 715-344-0200, to make a reservation, using group block code REN. Attendees are responsible for payment of any and all charges they incur during their hotel stay. A shuttle from the Holiday Inn Hotel & Convention Center to The Energy Fair will be available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Please see the shuttle schedule for more details.MAKE A RESERVATION
Area Hotels, B&Bs, and Campgrounds
Please visit the Midwest Renewable Energy Association’s website for additional lodging and campground options.* Don’t forget to check out which lodging options are Travel Green WI certified.VIEW AREA ACCOMMODATIONS
For more information on Custer, the surrounding area, and Portage County, please visit the Stevens Point Area Convention & Visitors Bureau website.LEARN MORE
*Listing does not imply endorsement from the MREA. For details and availability, please contact the site directly.
PLEASE, NO PETS!
Dogs are not allowed on the fairgrounds, in the parking lot, or in the campgrounds. Dogs and/or any other animal found in any of these areas will be reported to staff and may be removed by the authorities.
For a small fee, you can keep your pet safe and comfortable at one of the following kennels:
- Wag Inn Kennels (Custer, nearest to The Energy Fair): 715-592-4972
- Country Paws Bed & Biscuit (Stevens Point): 715-544-4448
- Pawsitively Unleashed! (Custer): 715-347-3294
- The Barking Lot (Stevens Point): 715-341-9322
- Camp Bandy Pet Resort (Amherst Jct.): 715-824-3900
- Muckamoor Boarding Kennel (Plover): 715-344-8533
- COMFORTABLE WALKING SHOES for checking out all of the events, exhibit booths, and attractions around the fairgrounds. The Energy Fair is nestled in the beautiful rolling hills of Custer, WI.
- SUN PROTECTION – Leave it to the solar modules to soak up those photons. The Energy Fair is held outdoors; we recommend lathering on that sunscreen, bringing a hat, or purchasing one in the MREA Marketplace.
- A SAMPLE OF YOUR WELL-WATER to have it screened for nitrates by water specialists at booth X18.
- A PHOTO OF YOU IN YOUR ENERGY FAIR SHIRT to add to our bulletin board collection in the MREA Marketplace. We want to see where you’ve repped your Energy Fair t-shirt pride out and about!
- REUSABLE BOTTLE to fill up on water, coffee, solar-brewed beer and hard cider, juice, and more tasty beverages served at the Fair. As part of our Zero-Waste efforts, the sale of plastic water bottles is prohibited.
- YOUR OLD INCANDESCENT BULBS and stop by the Focus on Energy booth to swap out your old bulbs for new ones. You’ll receive a brand new 60W ENERGY STAR LED for each bulb turned-in (limit 12 per customer).
- BAG FOR GOODIES – With over 200 exhibitors showcasing and selling sustainable products, a lively silent auction, and an artisan market, you’ll want to bring a bag for carrying around all the goodies you’ll score at the Fair.
- YOUR MREA MEMBERSHIP receipt, Lifetime Member button, or ID to get FREE entry as an MREA Member. We’ll have a list of members at the Front Gate.
- RAIN GEAR because the Fair happens RAIN or SHINE!
- CAMERA or SMART PHONE to take lots of photos and spread the word on social media. #TheEnergyFair
- EMPTY STOMACH to fill up on all of the locally sourced and energizing food and beverages that are available. Join us at the Benefit Dinner on Saturday for some tasty Puerto Rican inspired cuisine.
- YOUR KIDS for family friendly fun at Rainbow’s End Tent. Please note that children must be accompanied by a parent or gaurdian at all times.
- YOUR ELECTRIC VEHICLE to charge up under our newly constructed solar canopy and charging stations. Please consider showing your vehicle in the Fair‘s Clean Transportation Show.
- CAMPING GEAR if you’re posting up in The Energy Fair Back 40 Campground.
- YOUR DANCE MOVES for rocking out to the 10 musical guests featured over the weekend. If you have Salsa moves, we want to see them on Saturday!
- YOUR QUESTIONS & CURIOSITY are very welcome at the Fair. We encourage you to ask presenters and exhibitors all your questions regarding clean energy and sustainable living. Pencil, pens, and paper are good items to bring to take notes.
- MOST OF ALL WE WANT YOU TO BRING YOUR POSITIVE CAN-DO ATTITUDE AND GOOD VIBES TO THE 31ST ANNUAL ENERGY FAIR, JUNE 26-28!